|New Hampshire Insurance Department||Testing Provider (Prometric)|
|(603) 271-0203||(800) 869-6603|
1. Schedule and Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
Licensing exams are provided by Prometric. An exam fee must be paid at the time of reservation with a Master Card, Visa, money order, company check, or cashier’s check. Personal checks are not accepted. You can make an exam reservation through the following methods:
- Online: https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/insurance/Pages/newhampshire.aspx
- Phone: (800) 869-6603
- Fax/Mail: Registration via fax or mail is a two-step process:
- Submit the registration form along with payment to:
ATTN: NH Insurance Exam Registration
7941 Corporate Drive
Nottingham, MD 21236
Fax: (800) 347-9242
- Call (800) 869-6603 after the registration has been processed to schedule your exam.
What to Bring
A current, signed form of identification that must:
- Be government-issued (e.g., driver’s license, state-issued or military id card)
- Contain both a current photo and your signature
- Have a name that exactly matches the name used to register for the exam
- Report to the test center 30 minutes before the exam to verify identification and be photographed.
- All testing sessions are video and audio recorded.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing room such as cell phones, watches, wallets, or purses.
- Each major line exam is given in a multiple-choice format.
- Each exam contains “experimental” questions that are mixed in with the scored questions and are not identified. Experimental questions may not be covered in your educational materials and do not affect your final score!
- The passing score required on each exam is 70%.
- When you complete the exam, your score will be shown on the screen and you will receive a printed score report. The score report will include whether you passed or failed, the overall percentage score, and percentage correct for each of the major sections of the exam.
- Prometric notifies the Department of Insurance of your exam results within 2 business days.
|New Hampshire Exam Information|
|Exam Series||Exam Name||Exam Time||Total Questions|
|12-63||Life, Accident & Health||150 min||150|
2. Apply for License
After passing the exam, apply for your license by completing an application at http://www.nipr.com.