|Kentucky Department of Insurance||Testing Provider (Kentucky Department of Insurance)|
|(502) 564-6004||(502) 564-6004|
1. Apply for a Background Check
Apply for criminal background report online through the Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) at http://kcoj.kycourts.net/PublicMenu/Default.aspx?header=AOC FastCheck. The non-refundable fee is $20 and can be paid by credit card or electronic check.
- If you are a first-time user, select Register to create account. You will receive an e-mail to verify your e-mail address.
- If you have an account, click Login to access your account.
- You must select AOC FastCheck, then Add a New Batch.
- Category= Licensing; Group= Department of Insurance (DOI); Reason= Licensing
- Follow the directions to complete your request to ensure the Department of Insurance receives an official copy of your report.
Please note: If you do not complete these steps, the Department of Insurance (DOI) will not receive the official copy of your background check and you will need to re-apply for a new report. Online requests are processed within two business days of being received. According to AOC, current processing time for background requests submitted on a paper form is 21 days.
2. Apply for a License
After passing the exam, apply for your license by completing an application at http://www.nipr.com. Licensing fees may be paid by credit card or electronic check and are non-refundable.
3. Schedule and Pass a Licensing Exam
Making Exam Reservations
Licensing exams are provided by the Kentucky Department of Insurance. After you have received notification that your application has been processed, schedule your examination online by setting up an eServices account at https://insurance.ky.gov/eservices/acctforms/nuser.aspx.
What to Bring
Bring a current form of government-issued photo ID.
You will be required to present a copy of your pre-licensing education Certificate of Completion at the exam.
- Report to the test center at least 10 minutes before your scheduled exam.
- Exam results are provided at the testing site, and may be printed from eServices.
- An applicant may test an unlimited number of times within 120-day timeline. The expiration date may be found in eServices, and is listed on the initial examination notice.
- There is an examination fee of $50 for each scheduled retake of an examination.
- Changes to exam appointments should be made 24 business hours prior to the scheduled time; failure to give 24 hour notice of cancellation may result in the forfeiture of the $50 examination fee.
4. Print Your License
Once the test results have been submitted, log in to your eServices account at https://insurance.ky.gov/Eservices/default.aspxto print off your license.